No. of Recommendations: 0
I have a mutual fund that I bought before I became a Fool. It has had respectful gains in the past but has posted a 30% loss over the last year. I would like to take control of this money now as a Fool would.

Is there any way that I can roll the fund into an IRA or any other account without paying capitol gains taxes?

If there is no way out of paying taxes, what would be my best option to recoup my money?


Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.