Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
My Employer allows me to withdraw the "Matching Funds" and "Profit Match Funds" from our 401K. Most people who do this just pay the taxes and take the distribution in the form of a check. I want to do a "Trustee to Trustee" transfer to an IRA. Is this possible? Will I owe any taxes? This is money that my employer has contributed on my behalf in the form of matching contributions and the appreciation of those moneys. We dont have very good funds to choose from and I want to be "Foolish" and have more control over these moneys. I have survived the "Vesting" period so no problems exist as I understand it.
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.