No. of Recommendations: 0
I will soon be leaving my job (state employment) to take a new job (federal employment). I need to place my state retirement (pension) fund contributions into a Rollover IRA. I'm considering converting *that* IRA into a Roth. Basically, what I need to know is how do I figure out how much tax I would have to pay on my contributions? Also, when would I have to pay that tax? I have looked at Roth conversion calculators and all, but that's more complicated than what I need to know. I won't be making any further contributions to this IRA. Any help would be appreciated.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.