No. of Recommendations: 0
I recently terminated with my employer and rolled over my "Money Purchase Plan" $$ into an IRA with the same management group (Principal), just for simplification until I decided what to do with it. I prefer to invest in individual stocks, as opposed to mutual funds - however, can I only roll this IRA money into a mutual fund to maintain it's IRA designation?

I am 39 years old and have about $15,000 in this IRA.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.