UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: dfrank11 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76245  
Subject: rollover ira from 401(k) question Date: 10/31/2000 2:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
last year, when my wife switched jobs, we transferred her 401(k) at that job into a rollover ira with vanguard.

looking ahead, we expect that she will be leaving her current job some time next year, and at that time, we will want to transfer her 401(k) contributions from that employment period.

question ... is it possible to have another transfer into the already existing rollover ira or must we transfer the money into a newly created account?

thanks for any assistance

DFrank11
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFExRO Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25884 of 76245
Subject: Re: rollover ira from 401(k) question Date: 10/31/2000 7:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
question ... is it possible to have another transfer into the already existing rollover ira or must we transfer the money into a newly created account?

We just discussed this over on the Tax board. As long as both plans are 401(k)'s, putting the second rollover in with the first won't affect the conduit status.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement