UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AJStephani Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76418  
Subject: Rollover IRAs Past Distribution Age Date: 2/3/2001 11:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I imagine that this question has been asked and answered numerous times, so I apologize in advance.

Assuming that a person over 70 1/2 has elected the same method for taking distributions from two different IRAs, can they be rolled over into the same account (or a new one)?

I am aware that the required distribution(s) must be made before the rollovers are made each year.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27665 of 76418
Subject: Re: Rollover IRAs Past Distribution Age Date: 2/4/2001 8:19 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Greetings, AJStephani, and welcome. You asked:

Assuming that a person over 70 1/2 has elected the same method for taking distributions from two different IRAs, can they be rolled over into the same account (or a new one)?

Yes, they may be placed in the same IRA. There is no rule to preclude that.

I am aware that the required distribution(s) must be made before the rollovers are made each year.

That doesn't make any difference unless you are converting the IRAs to a Roth. In that event, you must take the MRD before the conversion occurs.

Regards..Pixy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement