No. of Recommendations: 0
I have a 401k account that I want to convert to a Roth Ira. I had the check sent to sent to my new account holder and it didn't get there until after the first of the year. Can I still put this conversion on my year 2000 taxes? And if I can, can I still make contributions for 2000 and 2001 because I have not contributed to the 401k for a few years now.
I am little confused about this and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.