UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: schvitzing Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1976581  
Subject: Romany blames loss on 'gifts'... Date: 11/14/2012 7:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 61
...to, you know, the 47%.

In a conference call on Wednesday afternoon with his national finance committee, Mr. Romney said that the president had followed the “old playbook” of wooing specific interest groups — “especially the African-American community, the Hispanic community and young people,” Mr. Romney explained — with targeted gifts and initiatives.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/14/romney-blames-...

This guy remains effin' clueless...CLUELESS. Goodbye and good riddance.

Schvitz
Print the post Back To Top
Author: schvitzing Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836755 of 1976581
Subject: Re: Romany blames loss on 'gifts'... Date: 11/14/2012 7:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
My deepest apologies to the Romany community, especially since Romney would lump them into the 47%, too.

Schvitz

Author: FoolishWaldo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836786 of 1976581
Subject: Re: Romany blames loss on 'gifts'... Date: 11/14/2012 9:43 PM
Recommendations: 3
In a conference call on Wednesday afternoon with his national finance committee, Mr. Romney said that the president had followed the “old playbook” of wooing specific interest groups — “especially the African-American community, the Hispanic community and young people,” Mr. Romney explained — with targeted gifts and initiatives.

OK, so the Republicans have insulted African Americans, Latinos, young people, women, and, as part of the 47%, Social Security/Medicare recipients and veterans.

Laying the groundwork for 2016.

No matter what you say or do, you can't fix stupid.

Author: CM001 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836815 of 1976581
Subject: Re: Romany blames loss on 'gifts'... Date: 11/14/2012 11:14 PM
OK, so the Republicans have insulted African Americans, Latinos, young people, women, and, as part of the 47%, Social Security/Medicare recipients and veterans.

Laying the groundwork for 2016.

I think Romney doesn't represent GOP or conservatives with these comments. He rented the republican platform to achieve his ambition. He has a problem admitting he didn't succeed and instead coming up with these non-sense.

For the record, Jindal already slammed these remarks.

Perhaps it is time for Romney to take personal responsibility for his failure, if not he would be seen as part of the 47% that he slammed.

Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836821 of 1976581
Subject: Re: Romany blames loss on 'gifts'... Date: 11/14/2012 11:34 PM
Recommendations: 1
Mitt had it absolutely correct. He should have not called them gifts though; instead, free s&it. Gimme my free s&it and I'll vote for you.

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836841 of 1976581
Subject: Re: Romany blames loss on 'gifts'... Date: 11/15/2012 12:57 AM
Recommendations: 0

This guy remains effin' clueless...CLUELESS. Goodbye and good riddance.

but a little tame compared to some--
no secession?
no going Galt in Venezuela?

Author: AlphaWolf Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836854 of 1976581
Subject: Re: Romany blames loss on 'gifts'... Date: 11/15/2012 5:27 AM
Recommendations: 80
JoshRandall opines:

Mitt had it absolutely correct. He should have not called them gifts though; instead, free s&it. Gimme my free s&it and I'll vote for you.

Yes siree, that will sure lock up the Hispanic, black, youth, and Asian voters for Republicans. Call them lazy freeloaders whose votes can be bought.

On the other hand, I think the Republican strategy of holding America hostage to make sure that billionaires continue to get free s&it is a winning hand.

Keep up the good work.

AW

Author: culcha Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836881 of 1976581
Subject: Re: Romany blames loss on 'gifts'... Date: 11/15/2012 9:24 AM
Recommendations: 1
Mitt had it absolutely correct. He should have not called them gifts though ...

Let's say Romney is indeed correct. The guy was screwed. He was raped. But he got the gift part wrong. There was a gift involved all right ... But as a Republican, Romney should recognize that, having been raped, he is the recipient of a gift, a gift from God.

culcha

Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836912 of 1976581
Subject: Re: Romany blames loss on 'gifts'... Date: 11/15/2012 10:31 AM
Democrats can't win by telling voters they have to work fot it, they win by telling voters vote for us and we will give you stuff for free.

Author: sykesix Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836927 of 1976581
Subject: Re: Romany blames loss on 'gifts'... Date: 11/15/2012 10:48 AM

Compare this statement from the recording:

With regards to the young people, for instance, a forgiveness of college loan interest was a big gift.

with this one from the debate:

So what we have to do is two things. We have to make sure that we make it easier for kids to afford college and also make sure that when they get out of college there's a job. When I was Governor of Massachusetts, to get a high school degree you had to pass an exam. If you graduated in the top quarter of your class, we gave you a John and Abigail Adams Scholarship: 4 years tuition free to the college of your choice in Massachusetts; it's a public institution.

I want to make sure we keep our Pell grant program growing. We're also going to have our loan program so that people are able to afford school.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=102343

Interesting contrast isn't it? In the debates he was bragging about how he gave all these gifts to college students and wanted to do more, but behind doors he was griping about them (again). Romney was either lying to his donors or lying to the public.

Jindal was right to push back against these comments. But what is Jindal saying behind closed doors? Romney didn't raise a billion dollars by making pitches his donors didn't want to hear.

Author: kenora Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836936 of 1976581
Subject: Re: Romany blames loss on 'gifts'... Date: 11/15/2012 11:06 AM
Definitely a poor loser. McCain had the dignity to deal with his loss - not Romney and his group. Ryan was even worse - "The President doesn't have a mandate".

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836939 of 1976581
Subject: Re: Romany blames loss on 'gifts'... Date: 11/15/2012 11:15 AM
McCain had the dignity to deal with his loss - not Romney and his group. Ryan was even worse - "The President doesn't have a mandate".

Romney and the "truth" is more transparent than Obama will ever be!

Author: jwiest Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1836941 of 1976581
Subject: Re: Romany blames loss on 'gifts'... Date: 11/15/2012 11:16 AM
I think Romney doesn't represent GOP or conservatives with these comments.

I think you haven't checked RECF or ConFools lately...they're doubling down on this, and it's become their mainstream. Check the post right after yours in this thread. Yes, Romney does represent the GOP and conservatives with these comments.

For the record, Jindal already slammed these remarks.

Jindal is about to learn what the acronym RINO means. Who is he, anyway? He's not white enough to be lecturing good Republicans on their behaviour.

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837222 of 1976581
Subject: Re: Romany blames loss on 'gifts'... Date: 11/15/2012 8:02 PM

Is it still a legimate insult, if by and large it tends to be true?

Author: TMFSpeck Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837234 of 1976581
Subject: Re: Romany blames loss on 'gifts'... Date: 11/15/2012 8:36 PM
Mitt had it absolutely correct.

I'm just wondering who's getting all the "free health care" Romney kept talking about...

Speck

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837235 of 1976581
Subject: Re: Romany blames loss on 'gifts'... Date: 11/15/2012 8:40 PM
I'm just wondering who's getting all the "free health care" Romney kept talking about...

Speck

Go to most any County Hospital or free health center in California, say Los Angeles, and take some notes.

It's an education.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement