UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: katinga Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 741052  
Subject: Romney 47% video: edited Date: 9/19/2012 2:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
There's a gap right at the critical point. Here's what's been found so far.

http://boards.fool.com/motherjonesgate-30271009.aspx?sort=wh...

I'm calling it MotherJonesGate.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 644407 of 741052
Subject: Re: Romney 47% video: edited Date: 9/19/2012 2:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
There's a gap right at the critical point. Here's what's been found so far.

http://boards.fool.com/motherjonesgate-30271009.aspx?sort=wh......

I'm calling it MotherJonesGate.

I guess that's catchier that standard Dem politics.

Author: tgrmn Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 644412 of 741052
Subject: Re: Romney 47% video: edited Date: 9/19/2012 4:16 PM
Recommendations: 2
http://www.humanevents.com/2012/09/19/malkin-romneys-secret-...

"...As Election Day draws nearer, the Obama campaign and its surrogates in the Fourth Estate have infested the political arena with an army of tactical and rhetorical rodentia. One week, it’s GOP presidential rival Mitt Romney’s high school hijinks. The next, it’s a heinous smear about Romney killing a steelworker’s cancer-stricken wife.

Or, it’s a hit job on multiple sclerosis survivor Ann Romney’s therapeutic horse. Then, it’s faux rage over Romney’s firm statement condemning the feckless White House response to the murders of our U.S. Ambassador to Libya and three other Americans in Benghazi.

This week, it’s a “secret Romney video” shot undercover at a closed-door dinner with Florida donors in May. Unemployed Democratic operative James Carter IV (grandson of former president and malaise engineer Jimmy Carter) brokered the film to progressive Mother Jones magazine.

Now, the same media lapdogs who had conniption fits when the late Andrew Breitbart and conservative investigative journalist James O’Keefe used undercover video are tripping over themselves to publish glowing profiles of Carter the Fourth and his impressive “furtive efforts” to secure the Romney tapes.

Carter the Fourth found the cameraman on Twitter, invoked his family name and convinced the mole to leak the tape to Mother Jones’ David Corn. To quote Joe Biden with all due sarcasm: BFD. ..."

Author: TerryMcK Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 644422 of 741052
Subject: Re: Romney 47% video: edited Date: 9/19/2012 5:51 PM
Recommendations: 1
This is classic Obama campainging. All the way back to his early days, he managed to destroy opponents and many never actually made it to the contest after he was through with them.

Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 644514 of 741052
Subject: Re: Romney 47% video: edited Date: 9/20/2012 11:17 AM
Can't access the video from work, what was edited out?

JLC

Author: katinga Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 644529 of 741052
Subject: Re: Romney 47% video: edited Date: 9/20/2012 12:54 PM

Hazy on this. You'll have to look at the link. There's a gap apparently right in the middle of Romney's presentation.

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 644806 of 741052
Subject: Re: Romney 47% video: edited Date: 9/22/2012 1:23 AM

JLC

===============================================

Here is a transcript. I just copied the portion before and after the cut/edit. What is missing, hasn't been said. Some say the recording stopped and the person recording turned it back on. Others say that a portion was cut out.

I would have thought Romney might have said the missing part is when I said ____________________, if the missing part changed the tone or whatever.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/full-transcript-...

snip just before the recording stops

Romney: There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. And I mean, the president starts off with 48, 49, 48—he starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn't connect. And he'll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean that's what they sell every four years. And so my job is not to worry about those people—I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives. What I have to do is convince the 5 to 10 percent in the center that are independents that are thoughtful, that look at voting one way or the other depending upon in some cases emotion, whether they like the guy or not, what it looks like. I mean, when you ask those people…we do all these polls—I find it amazing—we poll all these people, see where you stand on the polls, but 45 percent of the people will go with a Republican, and 48 or 4…

[Recording stops.]

Romney: …and about twice as much as China, not 10 times as much like it's reported. And we have responsibility for the whole world. They're only focused on one little area of the world, the South China Sea, the East China Sea, that's it. And they're building a military at a rapid rate. So this idea that somehow we've already spent so much money in the military—it's like, guys, don't overthink how strong we are. We—you probably know it, this was a couple of years ago, but we had one of our aircraft carriers sailing by Japan, and the Chinese pulled up behind it in a diesel sub, in a super-quiet diesel sub, pulled up behind it. It could have been torpedoed. And, I mean, we're in that kind of—our Navy's smaller in number of ships than anytime since 1917, and this president wants to shrink it. The list goes on. Our Air Force is older and smaller than anytime since '47 when the Air Force was formed, and he wants to shrink it. If we go the way of Europe, which is spending 1 to 2 percent of their economy on the military, we will not be able to have freedom in the world.

snip after recording stops

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement