Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 195810  
Subject: Romney claims he won't restrict abortion Date: 10/10/2012 2:16 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
And in his 47th revision of his stance on abortion, Romney now claims he will pursue no restrictions on it.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/romney-abortion...

Democrats and abortion rights activists have seized on Mitt Romney’s recent comment to the Des Moines Register that he would not pursue any new restrictions on abortion rights as president, an apparent change from what he has said earlier in the campaign and during the Republican presidential primaries.

“There’s no legislation with regards to abortion that I’m familiar with that would become part of my agenda,” Romney said
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183382 of 195810
Subject: Re: Romney claims he won't restrict abortion Date: 10/10/2012 2:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I think this is part of his debating tactics. How can Obama (or anyone) argue with Mitt's stances when you have no idea what they are? After the debate last week Obama in a speech said something about that not being the same Mitt Romney on that stage as the one who has been campaigning over the past six months.

I think Mitty is hoping to win through utter confusion.

Author: RayKinsella Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183385 of 195810
Subject: Re: Romney claims he won't restrict abortion Date: 10/10/2012 2:33 PM
I think this is part of his debating tactics. How can Obama (or anyone) argue with Mitt's stances when you have no idea what they are? After the debate last week Obama in a speech said something about that not being the same Mitt Romney on that stage as the one who has been campaigning over the past six months.

I'm an Obama supporter. I think he can do better.
Obama is not a man seeking the presidency, he IS the president of the United States. He needs to stop letting Romney bring the debate to him, and start talking record. Romney hasn't been the president. He doesn't know what he's talking about on many, many issues, and Obama is letting him get away with it.

I think Mitty is hoping to win through utter confusion.

I give him more credit than that. I think Romney will be what you need him to be to be elected. I don't think he's looking to flip flop, I think he generally wants to be whatever you need him do be to get your vote.
Ray

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183386 of 195810
Subject: Re: Romney claims he won't restrict abortion Date: 10/10/2012 2:34 PM
Recommendations: 2
I think President Obama needs to pivot and simply run on what he is for, it is impossible to know what mitt is for well except for mitt to be president... all other goals are flexible to the point of non existence....

Author: RayKinsella Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183387 of 195810
Subject: Re: Romney claims he won't restrict abortion Date: 10/10/2012 2:44 PM
I think President Obama needs to pivot and simply run on what he is for, it is impossible to know what mitt is for well except for mitt to be president... all other goals are flexible to the point of non existence....

I agree 100%. That's my point. This election isn't about Mitt. Its about Obama.
Make Mitt say that.
Ray

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183389 of 195810
Subject: Re: Romney claims he won't restrict abortion Date: 10/10/2012 2:50 PM
He needs to stop letting Romney bring the debate to him, and start talking record. Romney hasn't been the president. He doesn't know what he's talking about on many, many issues, and Obama is letting him get away with it.

I agree. Obama could have vivisected Romney last week. How about the Romney myth about being a great businessman, for example? Easily torn apart, but he didn't touch it. Shipping jobs overseas, the etch-a-sketch and continual lying, the unrealistic budget ideas, the 47% thing, etc. Should have been easy, but it was like Obama was more focused on his anniversary (which certainly deserved attention...AFTER the debate).

I agree. Romney says whatever he thinks will get him votes.

Let's hope Obama comes on more strongly next week. Call Rmoney out for the liar that he is. I'm amazed these debates actually are making any difference, but evidently they are.

1poorguy

Author: RayKinsella Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183390 of 195810
Subject: Re: Romney claims he won't restrict abortion Date: 10/10/2012 2:55 PM
Recommendations: 0
I agree. Obama could have vivisected Romney last week. How about the Romney myth about being a great businessman, for example? Easily torn apart, but he didn't touch it. Shipping jobs overseas, the etch-a-sketch and continual lying, the unrealistic budget ideas, the 47% thing, etc. Should have been easy, but it was like Obama was more focused on his anniversary (which certainly deserved attention...AFTER the debate).

I agree. Romney says whatever he thinks will get him votes.

Let's hope Obama comes on more strongly next week. Call Rmoney out for the liar that he is. I'm amazed these debates actually are making any difference, but evidently they are.

I don't hate Romney. I don't buy the new American model that you like your guy and seeth with hatred over the other guy.
That being said, I just think Obama needs to at least mention the drop in unemployment, which is remarkable given what he started with. Also, remind everyone that Bin Laden is dead and Bush had 7.5 years to find him and failed. Make Romney defend Bush and you win. The electoral college will be a landslide if we can all remember Bush for a few minutes.
Ray

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183392 of 195810
Subject: Re: Romney claims he won't restrict abortion Date: 10/10/2012 3:25 PM
Recommendations: 2
I don't hate Romney.

I hate what he stands for. And I hate the lies. The incessant, unapologetic lies. But I don't hate Romney either. Don't know him.

Again, I agree with you that Obama needs to point out that the stock market has doubled during his reign, unemployment is the lower than when he took office, the national debt is growing at a slower rate than under bush (16% vs 13%), GDP has been growing since he took office (it was declining for several years before), etc.

And if Rmoney tries his "successful businessman" BS, point out that he started his business with a loan from his rich daddy, he promptly drove that business into the ground and begged for (and received) a government bailout** (skimming $10M from FDIC in the process), and then proceeded to drive companies into bankruptcy by loading them with "consulting fees". He walked away with the fees, and those businesses had to lay off thousands of employees as they went under.

Made him rich, but it's hardly what I would call a "successful businessman". Successful businessmen build something, contribute something. Think Henry Ford, Bill Gates, Gordon Moore, etc. Romney was a vulture tearing apart his weakened victims.

1poorguy

**Apparently bailouts are OK when Mitt wants them, but not OK when autoworkers want them.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement