UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1955138  
Subject: Romney gets the issue that taxes Date: 10/7/2012 3:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
can have on federal revenue and economic growth.

This is the key part in his discussion about taxes:

http://www.mittromney.com/issues/tax

"At stake are two vital concerns for the American future: How will we generate sufficient revenue to balance our budget without discouraging economic activity, and will the burden of taxation fall equitably on all Americans?"

How he does it will be a delicate balance that will most likely have to be adjusted over time. And the most important point here that I have not heard or read any other politician except Ryan express it. This will lead to a more robust economic growth and more predictability in revenue growth.

And this will mean that the 47% who pay no income taxes WILL at some point have to start paying for this delicate balance to work. I don't expect Romney to admit it, but without it his plan will fail.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822077 of 1955138
Subject: Re: Romney gets the issue that taxes Date: 10/7/2012 6:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
How he does it will be a delicate balance that will most likely have to be adjusted over time. And the most important point here that I have not heard or read any other politician except Ryan express it. This will lead to a more robust economic growth and more predictability in revenue growth.

And this will mean that the 47% who pay no income taxes WILL at some point have to start paying for this delicate balance to work. I don't expect Romney to admit it, but without it his plan will fail.

That's a very genuine spin on the subject. Thank you.

Author: jerryab Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822158 of 1955138
Subject: Re: Romney gets the issue that taxes Date: 10/8/2012 12:24 AM
Recommendations: 0
This will lead to a more robust economic growth and more predictability in revenue growth.

What leads to economic growth is technological change--which can be fairly minor (Iphone) or major (PCs and the Internet). Nobody has a clue--yet--what will happen or when. He is just blowing a lot of hot air.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement