UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1961964  
Subject: Romney might have won the debate. Date: 10/4/2012 9:04 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
He may win all of the debates.

Obama will still win the election.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820964 of 1961964
Subject: Re: Romney might have won the debate. Date: 10/4/2012 9:36 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
"Obama will still win the election. "

Very possible, but that's not what's best for the country, that was clear from last night.

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820984 of 1961964
Subject: Re: Romney might have won the debate. Date: 10/4/2012 10:02 AM
Recommendations: 3
He may win all of the debates.

Obama will still win the election.

It took you all night to ponder that debate didn't it?
At least you still came up with a positive fantasy for you ;)

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821001 of 1961964
Subject: Re: Romney might have won the debate. Date: 10/4/2012 10:18 AM
Recommendations: 0
================================

I would hope that most people think about the debate.

One of the things that bothers me about Romney is that sometimes he seems to talk without thinking first.

His "pick a number" comment brought this out in the debate.

His reation to the 47% video is another good example.

Jean

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821009 of 1961964
Subject: Re: Romney might have won the debate. Date: 10/4/2012 10:26 AM

Not really. I went to bed shortly after the debate was over. Slept like a baby.

Author: bufftrainer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821078 of 1961964
Subject: Re: Romney might have won the debate. Date: 10/4/2012 12:21 PM
If Chicago is awake at all Flip may be rocked with some counterpunches. Now no one can know what his policy positions are today, but there's tape out there showing he wants a 20% income tax cut and elimination of a couple other taxes. Barring appearance of Dope's revenue fairy that can't be revenue neutral;the arithmetic won't work. He's flipped again.

Then there was his response to the president opposing repeal of tax breaks for offshoring: "I have no idea what you're talking about".

Lying on video is risky. I've assumed that Chicago has a fault full of ads showing Mitt flipping. Those plus videos of him lying in debate can leave him looking unappealing to people who want to know what they're voting for when they go to the polls. Flip's vulnerable.

Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821087 of 1961964
Subject: Re: Romney might have won the debate. Date: 10/4/2012 12:32 PM
"Lying on video is risky. I've assumed that Chicago has a fault full of ads showing Mitt flipping. Those plus videos of him lying in debate can leave him looking unappealing to people who want to know what they're voting for when they go to the polls. Flip's vulnerable. "

You do realize you are promoting "take Romney out" as the way to win vs. Obama promoting himself and winning based on his record and ideas?

Pretty sad

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts 6 Year Anniversary! Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821243 of 1961964
Subject: Re: Romney might have won the debate. Date: 10/4/2012 6:15 PM
Recommendations: 1
If Chicago is awake at all Flip may be rocked with some counterpunches. Now no one can know what his policy positions are today, but there's tape out there showing he wants a 20% income tax cut and elimination of a couple other taxes. Barring appearance of Dope's revenue fairy that can't be revenue neutral;the arithmetic won't work. He's flipped again.

Then there was his response to the president opposing repeal of tax breaks for offshoring: "I have no idea what you're talking about".

Lying on video is risky. I've assumed that Chicago has a fault full of ads showing Mitt flipping. Those plus videos of him lying in debate can leave him looking unappealing to people who want to know what they're voting for when they go to the polls. Flip's vulnerable
_________________-

Except he didn't lie. They don't get a tax break for moving overseas. They get a tax write off when closing a plant down, as the cost of doing business. No different thatn if they moved from NY to some other state. Once there they don't have to pay taxes on the money until it enters back into the US.

The bigger issue underlying the debate is how the federal government taxes the overseas income of companies headquartered in the U.S. Under current law, U.S. companies are taxed on the income they earn around the world. They get tax credits for payments to foreign governments and don’t have to pay the U.S. tax until they bring the money home. Obama has proposed limits on that deferral, arguing that it provides an incentive to invest overseas rather than in the U.S.

Obama sometimes uses the “shipping jobs overseas” language to mean both the narrow and bigger change.

The Facts: Obama exaggerates by making a tax deduction for regular business expenses and a central feature of the U.S. international tax system sound like special breaks for shipping jobs overseas.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-04/romney-tax-plan-nee...

Moreover no different than what saunafool does.

If Obama would have been on his toes he could have challenged Romney on a few things. But he wasn't on his toes. He was working from crip sheets with canned replies about things he really has no understanding about.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821256 of 1961964
Subject: Re: Romney might have won the debate. Date: 10/4/2012 7:10 PM
The bigger issue underlying the debate is how the federal government taxes the overseas income of companies headquartered in the U.S. Under current law, U.S. companies are taxed on the income they earn around the world. They get tax credits for payments to foreign governments and don’t have to pay the U.S. tax until they bring the money home. Obama has proposed limits on that deferral, arguing that it provides an incentive to invest overseas rather than in the U.S.

Obama sometimes uses the “shipping jobs overseas” language to mean both the narrow and bigger change.

Figures. Thanks for looking this up. lefties often play fast and loose with the truth in business tax discussions.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement