UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (93) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: CM001 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 756898  
Subject: Re: Obama => "clueless" Date: 10/26/2012 3:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Romney Win Likely Based on Latest Polls
I don't think Romney win is possible given the electoral math. Looks like Obama has Nevada, Ohio, Iowa and Wisconcin. He may end up winning in NH but it doesn't matter.

In any case, I am not expecting a thing to change under Romney. To begin with, if he wins, we don't know really how he is going to govern because on every subject, I have seen his statements are completely contradictory. More importantly, it is one thingto go in front of national TV and say I agree with Obama on foreign policies but will be completely impossible to govern with that policy.

For ex: McCain and his buddies will force Romney to start a war with Syria and there is an outside chance with Iran too. Obama resisted the pressure to get involved in Syria. From his Libyan intervention, clearly if at all he decides to intervene it will be a minor engagement, not another Iraq. Afghan withdrawl mostly likely will not happen.

On the taxes: DeMint and his buddies will not let Romney to cut any deal with Democrates for some tax hikes for spending cuts.

If he repeals Obamacare, then he can forget getting any cooperation from democrates on any social issues.

We will not be balancing the budgets and deficits will continue and go up to fund the military expansion, tax cuts and new wars.

One of the key assumption on balancing the budgets is, winding down the 2 wars which are roughly costing over $850 Billion a year.

As much as you want to believe Romney has some magic wand and will solve economic problems, I don't see them happening.

I think the problem for this countr is not who is going to be the presidents but the congress. The congress was willing to let the investment grade go on useless debt ceiling issue. There is no telling that same congress will somehow suddenly behave and play nice if Romney is the president.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (93) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement