UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JohnEBgood Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1977499  
Subject: Romney's Foreign Policy??? Date: 10/9/2012 10:09 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
His speech yesterday served up hawkish sound bites, but had no real agenda other than to drown out Mr. Obama’s respectable record in world affairs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/09/opinion/searching-for-romn...

Jack
Print the post Back To Top
Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822433 of 1977499
Subject: Re: Romney's Foreign Policy??? Date: 10/9/2012 10:18 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
"Obama’s respectable record in world affairs."

That statement is laughable

Obama is laughed at by the world, he is not respected. The world is burning because all the problem children do not fear or respect Obama, they are tuanting Obama/America, they are uprising, they are flexing their muscles, etc. because they do not fear/respect Obama.

Obama's foreign policy? lol.. all he does is say "we're sorry", that's weak!!!

Author: Icemann11 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822536 of 1977499
Subject: Re: Romney's Foreign Policy??? Date: 10/9/2012 12:57 PM
Recommendations: 1
Actually, for all of his recent fumblings with Libya etc., President Obama has a much better record with foreign countries than President Bush had. And if you think it is better to have countries 'fear' you or if you equate with 'fear' with 'respect', I am glad you are not in charge of your country's foreign policy.

If you desire other countries to fear you, they will eventually strike at you; if you look for respect, you have to show respect for them as well. Respect is earned both ways. The US under President Bush did not earn respect but earned more fear amongst other countries both allies and enemies. It takes awhile to regain the respect.

Your limited reference to a supposed 'sorry' is old and tired. Even the Israelis have been generally pleased with President Obama in charge.

Icemann

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822541 of 1977499
Subject: Re: Romney's Foreign Policy??? Date: 10/9/2012 1:03 PM
Recommendations: 0
And if you think it is better to have countries 'fear' you or if you equate with 'fear' with 'respect'

I am more concerned about the disrespect the USA has gotten over the past 4 years

Bears

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement