UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (25) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1976251  
Subject: Romney's Sick Joke Date: 10/5/2012 6:23 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 79
“No. 1,” declared Mitt Romney in Wednesday’s debate, “pre-existing conditions are covered under my plan.” No, they aren’t — as Mr. Romney’s own advisers have conceded in the past, and did again after the debate.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/05/opinion/krugman-romneys-si...

This is the sort of fast talking lie that enabled Romney to win the debate on "style"....

"Substance" still goes to the black man in the white house.

Romney would make a good used car salesman.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: kenora Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821327 of 1976251
Subject: Re: Romney's Sick Joke Date: 10/5/2012 7:53 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Mit is an appeaser. That is, he will say whatever he expects his audience will like. Call it flip or whatever - the truth is that is wants to appease his current audience.

This is not good leadership and is a dangerous trait for a President.

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821329 of 1976251
Subject: Re: Romney's Sick Joke Date: 10/5/2012 8:25 AM
Recommendations: 2
This is the sort of fast talking lie that enabled Romney to win the debate on "style"....

No it doesn't, if you read the commentary below it. What "the black man" was unable to pull off was the white man Krugman's lies.

Author: FoolishWaldo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821360 of 1976251
Subject: Re: Romney's Sick Joke Date: 10/5/2012 9:32 AM
Recommendations: 0

To Mitt Romney for his consistency in style over substance, I present the Richard M. Nixon Used Car Salesman Award for 2012.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821383 of 1976251
Subject: Re: Romney's Sick Joke Date: 10/5/2012 10:12 AM
Recommendations: 5
No it doesn't, if you read the commentary below it. What "the black man" was unable to pull off was the white man Krugman's lies.

What lie would that be?

Romney lied about his plan. Even his campaign admitted it.

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821431 of 1976251
Subject: Re: Romney's Sick Joke Date: 10/5/2012 12:20 PM
wzambon wrote: Romney lied about his plan. Even his campaign admitted it.

Credible citation, please.

Author: JoelCairo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821446 of 1976251
Subject: Re: Romney's Sick Joke Date: 10/5/2012 12:47 PM
Credible citation

That's an oxymoron, coming from you.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821467 of 1976251
Subject: Re: Romney's Sick Joke Date: 10/5/2012 1:37 PM
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/10/top-romney-advise...

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821468 of 1976251
Subject: Re: Romney's Sick Joke Date: 10/5/2012 1:39 PM
His people have to admit the lies. Where's Willard's apology for this?

Ken

Author: jdp245 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821474 of 1976251
Subject: Re: Romney's Sick Joke Date: 10/5/2012 1:48 PM
Mit is an appeaser. That is, he will say whatever he expects his audience will like. Call it flip or whatever - the truth is that is wants to appease his current audience.

This is not good leadership and is a dangerous trait for a President.

But things worked out so well for the British with Neville Chamberlain!

Author: moneytrail Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821494 of 1976251
Subject: Re: Romney's Sick Joke Date: 10/5/2012 2:29 PM
Obama didn't get trashed in Wednesday's debate because of Romeny's lies, Denver's high altitude (as per Gore) or his confused presentation.

He got trashed becasue he has no vision for the future other than more failed government and more unsustainable debt. Doubling down on the policies of the most failed presidency since FDR, isn't a plan, it's a sign of irrationality and ineptness.

Oh, by the way, any replacement for Obamacare will be compelled by Congress and the public to have provisions for those with pre-existing conditions.

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821512 of 1976251
Subject: Re: Romney's Sick Joke Date: 10/5/2012 3:11 PM
What lie would that be?

Romney lied about his plan. Even his campaign admitted it.

Then you gave a link.

What's the lie?

From your link

Pressed by TPM’s Evan McMorris-Santoro, Fehrnstrom said those who currently lack coverage because they have pre-existing conditions would need their states to implement their own laws — like Romney’s own Massachusetts health care law — that ban insurance company from discriminating against sick people.

“We’d like to see states do what Massachusetts did,” Fehrnstrom said. “In Massachusetts we have a ban on pre-existing conditions.”

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821517 of 1976251
Subject: Re: Romney's Sick Joke Date: 10/5/2012 3:30 PM
Oh, by the way, any replacement for Obamacare will be compelled by Congress and the public to have provisions for those with pre-existing conditions.

Perhaps. If anyone was talking about replacing it. All of the rhetoric I hear is that Obamacare must be repealed. Mitt vowed to do it his first week in office (actually, I think he said "first day", but I may be remembering wrong). They have no plan for "replacement". They just want it dead.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821531 of 1976251
Subject: Re: Romney's Sick Joke Date: 10/5/2012 3:59 PM

Good line. Obama should use it in the next debate. If hes too polite to call Mitt a liar, maybe he make fun of Mitt's, err, prevarications.

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821534 of 1976251
Subject: Re: Romney's Sick Joke Date: 10/5/2012 4:05 PM
Good line. Obama should use it in the next debate. If hes too polite to call Mitt a liar, maybe he make fun of Mitt's, err, prevarications.

Well so would Clinton, in fact I believe his step dad was a used car salesmen. He won two terms.

Author: nyua Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821538 of 1976251
Subject: Re: Romney's Sick Joke Date: 10/5/2012 4:10 PM
Oh, by the way, any replacement for Obamacare will be compelled by Congress and the public to have provisions for those with pre-existing conditions

Not true.

Covering pre-existing conditions can only happen with an insurance mandate for everyone to get insurance which is why Obamacare had to have a mandate.

Pre-exsiting conditions are extremely expensive to cover and insurance companies (the free market) will not cover it because people would only buy insurance when they get sick.

Romney's two step was to allow pre-existing coverage if you already have insurance which is the law without Obamacare.

So Romney was not proposing anything that is not current law with or without Obamacare.

What Obamacare provided was anyone can get insurance regardless of their medical history. Wow, what a terrible thing... sigh...

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821541 of 1976251
Subject: Re: Romney's Sick Joke Date: 10/5/2012 4:15 PM
Pre-exsiting conditions are extremely expensive to cover and insurance companies (the free market) will not cover it because people would only buy insurance when they get sick.

Romney's two step was to allow pre-existing coverage if you already have insurance which is the law without Obamacare.

So Romney was not proposing anything that is not current law with or without Obamacare.

What Obamacare provided was anyone can get insurance regardless of their medical history. Wow, what a terrible thing... sigh...

He was proposing the states ought to follow MA example which forbade insurance companies from excluding those with pre-existing conditions. I believe there is also a provision, like high risk car or flood insurance, that the the higher risk folks with pre-existing conditions be put in a pool supplemented by the government. Furthermore, medicare and medicaid already does not exclude pre-existing conditions.

But who the hell can really tell what the current time bomb has in it. What I can tell you premiums have skyrocketed for those of us who actually pay the premiums for small groups.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821564 of 1976251
Subject: Re: Romney's Sick Joke Date: 10/5/2012 5:22 PM
Pressed by TPM’s Evan McMorris-Santoro, Fehrnstrom said those who currently lack coverage because they have pre-existing conditions would need their states to implement their own laws — like Romney’s own Massachusetts health care law — that ban insurance company from discriminating against sick people.

“We’d like to see states do what Massachusetts did,” Fehrnstrom said. “In Massachusetts we have a ban on pre-existing conditions.”</>

Oh please.... Now go back to Krugman's comments for a discussion on that snowball's chance.

Author: jakalant Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821601 of 1976251
Subject: Re: Romney's Sick Joke Date: 10/5/2012 8:06 PM
Recommendations: 1
Doubling down on the policies of the most failed presidency since FDR,>/i>

Do you expect to be taken seriously when you make statements like that. HAH. Even if FRD was a failure, which, according to every adult I spoke with about him between 1955 and 1970 , he most certainly was not, to even hint that he might be less successful a President than W is about as ridiculous a statement as I have ever seen posted here. And that is saying a lot.

Author: spikie Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821682 of 1976251
Subject: Re: Romney's Sick Joke Date: 10/6/2012 8:31 AM
Following your link wza - I found that the discussion was regarding current and future plans.

Let me parse this just as you would a remark of Obamas... only using some fact instead of stretching even fiction... the only "plan" that Romney has that exists is the Massachusetts plan. That plan covers preexisting conditions.

Obama, in fact, admitted that when he said that the federal plan was following the Massachusetts plan.

Therefore, the only plan in existence that has Romney's stamp on it covers preexisting conditions. So, when Romney said "My plan covers preexisting conditions" he was precisely right.

Whether a national plan (not desired by Romney) or a state plan (desired) would do that would depend on the state itself. That, however, is not something which would be directly influenced one way or the other by Romney. His position is to encourage using the Massachusetts plan as a legislative example on a state level, where there are less layers of bureaucracy to have to pay for, thus making it less expensive than the current model. States would still receive funding from the feds.

So your position that he lied? Simply wrong.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821745 of 1976251
Subject: Re: Romney's Sick Joke Date: 10/6/2012 11:29 AM

So your position that he lied? Simply wrong.

No parsing necessary.

He said that his plan would cover "pre-existing conditions".

It doesn't.
And his campaign aid said it doesn't.

Sorry, but you are simply wrong.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821747 of 1976251
Subject: Re: Romney's Sick Joke Date: 10/6/2012 11:35 AM
Recommendations: 3
"He said that his plan would cover "pre-existing conditions".

It doesn't.
And his campaign aid said it doesn't.

Sorry, but you are simply wrong. "

Bill, clearly you have no problem with blatant liars such you support the ling of liars, Barrack Hussein Obama.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821748 of 1976251
Subject: Re: Romney's Sick Joke Date: 10/6/2012 11:42 AM
And what will today's and tomorrow's Romney lies be?

Ken

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821805 of 1976251
Subject: Re: Romney's Sick Joke Date: 10/6/2012 2:11 PM

Bill, clearly you have no problem with blatant liars such you support the ling of liars, Barrack Hussein Obama.

The only person lying here is Mitt. Eve his campaign spokesman had to walk back tha whopper.

Or are you also going to try to rescue that comment about pre-existing conditions from terminal burial in whopperdom?

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821807 of 1976251
Subject: Re: Romney's Sick Joke Date: 10/6/2012 2:16 PM
Recommendations: 1
"The only person lying here is Mitt. "

WOW...You are truly deluded.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (25) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement