UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ResNullius Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 757333  
Subject: Romney's Tax Proposal Date: 10/17/2012 10:48 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I really couldn't believe it, but I just looked it up on Romney's campaign site. He is proposing zero tax on interest, dividends, and cap gains for every couple (joint return) with an adjusted gross income below $200K. That would be just plain fabulous for most retirees. It also would put a huge hole in the tax-exempt bond market.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: MadCapitalist Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649221 of 757333
Subject: Re: Romney's Tax Proposal Date: 10/17/2012 10:58 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
I really couldn't believe it, but I just looked it up on Romney's campaign site. He is proposing zero tax on interest, dividends, and cap gains for every couple (joint return) with an adjusted gross income below $200K. That would be just plain fabulous for most retirees. It also would put a huge hole in the tax-exempt bond market.

Yeah, my ears perked up when I heard him mention it during the debate.

On a separate note, it has been really irritating to hear Obama and Biden keep saying that Romney's tax proposal will "cost" $5 trillion, despite the fact that Romney would aim to make it revenue neutral.

And don't get me started about the idea that tax cuts "cost" anything. Only spending costs money.

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649233 of 757333
Subject: Re: Romney's Tax Proposal Date: 10/17/2012 11:25 AM
Recommendations: 2
MadCapitalist wrote: On a separate note, it has been really irritating to hear Obama and Biden keep saying that Romney's tax proposal will "cost" $5 trillion, despite the fact that Romney would aim to make it revenue neutral.

And the Dems keep saying, "We aren't hearing any specifics on tax deductions," when Romney said, "You can get a tax deduction bucket--let's say $25,000--and you can fill it with deductions that are beneficial and pertinent to your situation."

I think that's brilliant, but the Dems are hard of hearing and just won't admit that such a plan would work splendidly for most Americans.

Author: ResNullius Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649241 of 757333
Subject: Re: Romney's Tax Proposal Date: 10/17/2012 11:53 AM
Recommendations: 0
And the Dems keep saying, "We aren't hearing any specifics on tax deductions," when Romney said, "You can get a tax deduction bucket--let's say $25,000--and you can fill it with deductions that are beneficial and pertinent to your situation."

I think that's brilliant, but the Dems are hard of hearing and just won't admit that such a plan would work splendidly for most Americans.

It's particularly interesting considering that the idea of a having a tax deduction bucket was first proposed by Dems at some point in the past.

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649246 of 757333
Subject: Re: Romney's Tax Proposal Date: 10/17/2012 12:02 PM
Recommendations: 0
ResNullius wrote: It's particularly interesting considering that the idea of a having a tax deduction bucket was first proposed by Dems at some point in the past.

Then why didn't they execute/implement it? Because they're stupid, that's why.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement