Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 621  
Subject: Ron Artest Date: 3/6/2007 1:09 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
When is David Stern gonna grow a pair and stand up to the union and the lawyers and finally kick this bum out of the league? What's this jackass gotta do to finally get the gate for good? Kill somebody?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: patchdodd Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 613 of 621
Subject: Re: Ron Artest Date: 6/17/2007 11:19 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Haven't checked this board in a while. It will probably take what it took in the NFL, for the other players to get fed up with thuggery enough to give Stern Kennisaw Landis-type authority on suspensions for misconduct.

Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 615 of 621
Subject: Re: Ron Artest Date: 6/18/2007 4:02 AM
No sport will ever give a commish that kind of authority again unless Congress makes them do it due to the drug and steroid scandals. Hell, the baseball owners took that authority away from their commish after Bart Giamatti and Fay Vincent got a little too big for their britches in the owner's opinions, so I doubt you'll see it come back. Stern has enough authority now if he'll just use it. I don't think he even needs Landis-type powers.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement