Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AgiasTriados Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1443  
Subject: rose bowl Date: 12/20/2002 10:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
well, there are some angry wazzu fans out there...

http://espn.go.com/ncf/bowls02/s/rose_angrycougs.html

it is a difficult scenario developing in this match-up. i have to say i still like wsu, but maybe not as much as i did before. i'll post my plays in the near future.

mello
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Trick Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1208 of 1443
Subject: Re: rose bowl Date: 12/20/2002 10:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
"It's the most important thing in my life that we win this Rose Bowl right now,' he (former coach Mike Price) said. "This team has a chance to be the greatest football team in the history of Washington State.'

This quote shows why so many people, including the players, are very unhappy about this. Players are disappointed Price left but most have some understanding. What they don't get and support is that his words have become meaningless. Here he says that winning the Rose Bowl is the most important thing in his life... but obviously not. Obviously signing a $14 million contract is the most important thing. If winning the game would have been more important, he would have risked waiting and signing later but he didn't.

If Price was really interested in the Cougars winning he would shut up and move on to his new position. The way it is now he's flying back and forth every day.

There were three small fights among players at practice yesterday, which is very rare for this team. Mid season they had a fight in the club house (over a woman) that put two important defensive players out for several weeks. It hurt the team and they pulled together. Fights at practice now show the level of tension. This is a very unhappy team.

Rick, season ticket holder, Rose Bowl ticket holder, alum.

Author: cgrinder Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1209 of 1443
Subject: Re: rose bowl Date: 12/20/2002 11:59 PM
There were three small fights among players at practice yesterday, which is very rare for this team. Mid season they had a fight in the club house (over a woman) that put two important defensive players out for several weeks. It hurt the team and they pulled together. Fights at practice now show the level of tension. This is a very unhappy team.

Rick, season ticket holder, Rose Bowl ticket holder, alum.

they need to quit loading them up with testosterone at the training table. it is too bad that males of college age would fight over a woman. there should be plenty more on campus. i guess i was young and dumb at one time too. they really should take them on a road trip to nevada and get all that foolishness out of their system.

Author: Trick Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1210 of 1443
Subject: Re: rose bowl Date: 12/21/2002 12:12 AM
they need to quit loading them up with testosterone at the training table.

I think it's a little more complicated than that.

Rick

Author: cgrinder Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1211 of 1443
Subject: Re: rose bowl Date: 12/21/2002 12:24 AM
as an indiana university grad we had our mess with university president miles brand ( the new god at the ncaa ) and the general himself robert montgomery knight. the university president and the board of trustees made bigger a$$s of themselves than bob did when he threw that famous chair. my condolences to what is happening. fred

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement