Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm also a licensed Oregon Tax Consultant

For those who are not familiar with Oregon's tax-prep licensing (I know you're out there), this credential is a step up from the lowly licensed Tax Preparer cert that I had. It is earned by getting a few seasons' experience as a Preparer, training more and passing a bigger, badder board exam.

With the entry license you have to work for someone else. When you make Consultant, you can hang out your own shingle, along with the CPAs, attorneys and EAs who have passed the OR part of the exam.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.