Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I want to make sure I have this straight. I take $2,000 from an income tax refund, back pay, whatever. I put it in a Roth account at Ameritrade, Suretrade or some other deep discount broker who will give me a number of free trades. I buy and sell and whatever I make by way of capital gains or dividends is not taxable, either now or when I start drawing it down at 59 1/2 or to buy a first home etc.....
Is this true? If It is is, this almost seems like an inducement to gambling, a sort of Wall street casino. What makes it better is that you can only lose $2,000 a year. What say you????
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.