UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: emkFOOL CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 26  
Subject: Roth 401k rollover Date: 1/6/2009 6:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have a Roth 401k from an old employer that they are currently maintaining. It has no gains, given the current market, and has about $1000 Roth and $500 non-roth employer match. Since Roth contributions can withdrawn tax free and the percentage of my distribution which is gains would be 0%, can I withdraw the $1000 tax free and without penalty, as long as I put the $500 match into an IRA or a new 401(k)?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: chali2na Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16 of 26
Subject: Re: Roth 401k rollover Date: 3/30/2009 4:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I believe you will still be taxed on the withdrawal as it is an early withdrawal (before age 59 1/2)...

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement