UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: varial Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75639  
Subject: Roth Contributions Date: 3/20/2001 1:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
A foolish question:

I am in the process of opening a Roth for myself with my contribution going to the 2000 tax year. I assume it would it make sense to make my 2001 contribution as soon as I could afford it. Generally speaking, is my assumption correct?

Thanks.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: PMcMullenCT Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 28532 of 75639
Subject: Re: Roth Contributions Date: 3/20/2001 1:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I am in the process of opening a Roth for myself with my contribution going to the 2000 tax year. I assume it would it make sense to make my 2001 contribution as soon as I could afford it. Generally speaking, is my assumption correct?

Yes. Once it's in there, it grows tax free. Waiting just exposes more growth to taxation. (however, that market hasn't done much growing so far this year...)

Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 28533 of 75639
Subject: Re: Roth Contributions Date: 3/20/2001 1:56 PM
Greetings, Varial, and welcome. You asked:

Generally speaking, yes, your assumption is correct. The longer your money has to compound, then the greater the result over that term.

Regards..Pixy

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement