Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Pixy, if you are here: how do I calculate the tax I would owe if I converted a traditional to Roth IRA. THe traditional is a combo of deductible and non.
Also, is this tax payable next year when I file? Can I use capital loss carry foward for this tax too?
Do you agree that the only reason to convert would be if I thought my tax rate would be the same or higher upon withdrawals?
Thank you and thanks to anyone else who may reply.
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.