UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: Xenonax Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76418  
Subject: Roth Investing Choices Date: 2/23/2001 6:29 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have recently started my Roth IRA. I fully funded it for 2000, putting all that money into IVV. I also have put in $333.40 for this year into it, also in IVV. I have been trying to determine what stocks I would like to invest in.
I have been considering putting the rest of my contributions for this year in stock. Now, the decision left is what stock? I have been considering UPS, because of all the good news surrounding UPS and my confidence that it will be a solid company.
Here is my quandary: I work for UPS, and put away money into the 401k. They match my first 3%, dollar for dollar with UPS stock.
So, I thought that I would go to the boards for some feedback and to at least put down my thoughts. I will probably continue working for UPS for a while, and as such will continue to receive stock there. So, would it be Foolish to attribute some of my Roth funds into UPS stock?
Should it be helpful, I have put $2333.40 into IVV (It is worth less than that right now, but that is the joy of investing...), I also have about $400.00 in my 401k with 40% in S&P500, 40% in Russell 2000, and 20% in an Aggressive Growth Fund. Then there is the approx. $350 I currently have in UPS stock.
I welcome any and all comments as some of your thoughts may give me some insight, which is what this is all about, right?

--Xenonax
Learning something new, and contributing too.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement