No. of Recommendations: 0
In January 1998 I contributed $2,000 into my and my wife's IRA for the 1998 tax year contribution. I rolled both IRAs into the Roth IRA. I am buying a house in July (2nd purchase, 1st home bought/sold in 1986/1990) and would like to "un-contribute" the $4,000. Can this be done without penalty? If no what is the penalty?

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.