UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: wvuncannon Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76237  
Subject: ROTH IRA Date: 3/31/2000 3:09 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I want to open a ROTH IRA in my online broker account by transfering a current security. I have received two answers concerning this from my broker. One said I could transfer the security to open the account and another said I could not.

If anyone has some experience (or knowledge) with this I would surely like to hear from you.

Thanks
Print the post Back To Top
Author: BookmFool Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 20835 of 76237
Subject: Re: ROTH IRA Date: 3/31/2000 4:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I want to open a ROTH IRA in my online broker account by transfering a current security.

IRS publication 590 can give you a more detailed answer, but Roth IRA's can only be funded with cash. What type of account do you currently have with your broker? Is it just a regular brokerage account? If so, then the security cannot be transfered.

Or you could check out the Fool's IRA section:

http://www.fool.com/money/allaboutiras/allaboutiras.htm?ref=G02C05

HTH

BmF

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement