UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: HOTDT Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75335  
Subject: roth ira Date: 9/5/2000 1:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
is ok for me to open a roth ira with money from an insurance settlement or do the contibutions have to come from a work income ei.pay check ,salary.I can not seem to find an answer to this?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: thehendrys Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 24587 of 75335
Subject: Re: roth ira Date: 9/5/2000 3:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Contributions to a Roth are after-tax dollars.

So, if I had to guess, I would say it doesn't matter where the money comes from.

Hope that helps.

the hendrys

Author: rjm1 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 24599 of 75335
Subject: Re: roth ira Date: 9/5/2000 9:42 PM
is ok for me to open a roth ira with money from an insurance settlement or do the contibutions have to come from a
work income ei.pay check ,salary.I can not seem to find an answer to this?

As long as you have earned income you can put money from any source into a ROTH

Author: MEG Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25622 of 75335
Subject: Re: roth ira Date: 10/20/2000 8:17 PM
You need to have actually earned the money in the tax year but you can put any of your money into the Roth.

MEG

Author: HOTDT Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26238 of 75335
Subject: Re: roth ira Date: 11/20/2000 9:07 AM
Meg , thanks for your reply a while back on the roth ira issue , would you say monies received from workers comp is ok to invest . and also what about money from social securities for disability payments ? is this possible to invest in an ira also?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement