No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm trying to figure out the best type of investment for my Roth IRA. I'm considering a REIT because it will help to diversify my portfolio and allow me to avoid taxes on the dividends. Or is the amount we can invest in Roths too small to make this worth worrying about, and its better simply to invest in whatever vehicle I think will get the greatest return.
Print the post Back To Top
If you're serious about this I would check out the Real Estate board because there are some VERY smart people over there who are heavily into REITS.

Good luck,
e
I'm trying to figure out the best type of investment for my Roth IRA. I'm considering a REIT because it will help to
diversify my portfolio and allow me to avoid taxes on the dividends. Or is the amount we can invest in Roths too small
to make this worth worrying about, and its better simply to invest in whatever vehicle I think will get the greatest return.

Since it is a ROTH put in the investments that will grow the most. No tax on the growth.

If a regular IRA put in the investments that earn the most income - bonds, REIT etc. (Convert to the bonds etc when you are about to retire, not durning your accumulation years)
Advertisement