UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Glenn92 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75880  
Subject: ROTH IRA Date: 3/1/2008 12:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
HELLO ALL THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

I would like to build on my Roth IRA, I was thinking of adding VFINX), Vanguard 500 to the mix, any thoughts is there a better fund, with a better long term return.

Thanks Glenn
Print the post Back To Top
Author: SethNC One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 61778 of 75880
Subject: Re: ROTH IRA Date: 3/1/2008 7:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
That's a good fund, but no one here can really make a recommendation based on that little info. What else do you have in your Roth and what other retirement investments do you have.

Author: vickifool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 61788 of 75880
Subject: Re: ROTH IRA Date: 3/2/2008 11:58 AM
Recommendations: 0
Glenn,
VFINX Vanguard 500 is a fine start.

OTOH, you could start with Total Stock Market Index (VTSMX). (That's the one Jack Bogle, Vangaurd's founder recommends.)

Or Vanguard STAR Fund (VGSTX) is a good low-cost starter fund of funds and gives you about a 60% stock 40% bond and cash split.

You might choose one of the targeted retirement funds. Taking a wild guess that 92 was when you graduated from college at 22, and that you want to retire at 65, they have the Vanguard® Target Retirement 2035 Fund (VTTHX). Many of us think that a higher stock allocation is better and would choose a Target Retirement fund of 10 years later.

Vickifool

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement