UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: pmcdonal Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76238  
Subject: Roth IRA and brokers Date: 12/27/1999 11:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm new to investing and this website, so please forgive my ignorance about a topic that has probably been covered many times before on this board. I want to start a Roth IRA and need some recommendations for a respectable discount broker to go to. I have no previous experience with online investing or dealing with brokers. Could someone identify 1 or more brokers they feel may be worth checking into closer?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JohnnyX Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16964 of 76238
Subject: Re: Roth IRA and brokers Date: 12/28/1999 9:56 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Dear pmcdonal,
I personally use Suretrade. They don't charge any annual maintenance or setup fees, and the process of opening one wasn't too painful. YMMV.

Yours truly,
Mr. X

Author: arahfool Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16974 of 76238
Subject: Re: Roth IRA and brokers Date: 12/28/1999 11:38 AM
I'm new to investing and this website, so please forgive my ignorance about a topic that has probably been covered many times before on this board. I want to start a Roth IRA and need some recommendations for a respectable discount broker to go to. I have no previous experience with online investing or dealing with brokers. Could someone identify 1 or more brokers they feel may be worth checking into closer?

Take a look at www.gomez.com , they rate most if not all of the online brokers and allow you to determine the factors that are important to you, based on your trading needs.

arahFool

Author: TMFJeanie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17024 of 76238
Subject: Re: Roth IRA and brokers Date: 12/28/1999 10:06 PM
Hello, pmcdonal, and welcome to the Fool! A great place to start your search for a discount broker is right here in our Discount Brokerage Center at

http://www.fool.com/media/DiscountBrokerageCenter/DiscountBrokerageCenter.htm

You also might want to check out the Discount Broker message board to find out what kinds of experiences other Fools have had with their own brokers.

http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?id=1040005000000000

Good luck and happy investing :-)

TMF Jeanie

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement