UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: slieberman Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75402  
Subject: Roth IRA and Fidelity Dividend Growth Fund Date: 7/5/2000 1:01 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
In 1998 I open up a Roth IRA with Fidelity's Divedend Growth Fund. After listening to Fool opinions about mutual funds I am starting to think that I may have made a wrong decision? I have been contributing beteen $750 and $1000 per year since opening the account. Did I make a mistake or should I continue sending in investments of $250.00 each or find myself another tax deffered investment vehicle?

saullieberman@enterct.com
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jbking Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23084 of 75402
Subject: Re: Roth IRA and Fidelity Dividend Growth Fund Date: 7/5/2000 1:45 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Well, let's clear some air, ok? Some investors think mutual funds are the worst way to invest while others are total advocates of them. As for the fund in question, here is some data on this fund:

http://quicktake.morningstar.com/Funds/Snapshot/_FDGFX.html

This isn't a shoot the lights out kind of fund I think but it seems to be an OK growth-at-a-reasonable-price type of fund.

The question for yourself I think is this: Do I KNOW how I want to invest? Keep in mind that the Fool has at least 5 portfolios(Boring, DRiP, RM, RB, and FF) and that to some degree everyone will not have the best investment option(After all, how many people were 100% QCOM last year with its 2,100% return, hmm? I think no one except maybe the workers of Qualcomm that hadn't started investing yet but had options).

Also, with a Roth this is tax-free growth, not tax-deferred, which is worth noting as well.

JB

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement