No. of Recommendations: 0

Following up on a previous thread of opening a brand new Roth IRA (not done through a rollover or other recharacterization) for the calendar/tax year 1998, no IRS form needs to be filed (such as Form 8606) according to the IRS.

Since the contributions are not tax-deductable, contributing to a Roth IRS should not cause adjustments to your tax return.

Of course, when withdrawls are made, Form 8606 will be there for you to document and in determining the tax-free distributions.

Save those contribution statements from the company that hold your IRA.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.