No. of Recommendations: 0
I have a simple Roth IRA question, which someone can probably answer in a few words. When I began asking my discount broker about Roth IRAs, she actually told me that you can contribute pre-tax earnings, which I know to be false for Roths. I subsequently stopped asking her questions :).

My question is this: When you file a tax return (standard 1040), do you indicate on it somewhere what your Roth IRA contribution for the given year was?

I am inclined to guess that you do, which explains why you can still make a contribution for year X up until April 15th of the year X+1.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.