UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: genebean1128 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76398  
Subject: roth Ira ans foolish4 stocks Date: 9/22/2000 7:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I've spent countless hours of poring over the foolish 4 board and have basically decided to start investing bet. Dec and January. however, i still have questions left unanswered which I'm hoping any of you Fools will be able to help me with. So, thank you very much in advance.
1.) following the foolish 4 strategy, should you still sell your stocks the following year EVEN if the prices of the stocks you preivously owned dropped in value from how much you purchased them?
2.)somebody in this board said you can have more than one IRA account..does it mean you can have say, 2 Roth IRA accounts set up as long as you do not exceed the total limit of 2,000 contribution total per year?

thanks and have a great day!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: tashak2 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25006 of 76398
Subject: Re: roth Ira ans foolish4 stocks Date: 9/22/2000 7:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
2) Yes.

Author: TMFExRO Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25013 of 76398
Subject: Re: roth Ira ans foolish4 stocks Date: 9/23/2000 1:04 AM
1.) following the foolish 4 strategy, should you still sell your stocks the following year EVEN if the prices of the stocks you preivously owned dropped in value from how much you purchased them?

That depends on whether the stock is on the FF list when you rebalance. Often in this situation the stock will still be a FF stock, so you won't sell and may even buy more.

You should find a lot of information about this rebalancing in the FF area of the Strategies on the home page.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti

Author: Dembus Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25068 of 76398
Subject: Re: roth Ira ans foolish4 stocks Date: 9/25/2000 9:05 PM
Probably but why would you want to? My feeling is 'simplify simplify simplify.' Good luck.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement