Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Papilio Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121594  
Subject: roth ira contribution Date: 12/14/1999 1:04 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I think I know the answer to this, but I want to double check. For one reason and another, I haven't gotten around to making my 1999 Roth IRA contribution. But I expect to have some cash available in early 2000. Can I still make the 1999 contribution then, so long as I do it before April 15 (a la the other kind of IRA)? Also,
since I don't plan to make the same mistake, can I simply put in $4,000 -- for both 1999 and 2000? Should I write separate checks if so?

Print the post Back To Top
Author: RooCat Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23059 of 121594
Subject: Re: roth ira contribution Date: 12/14/1999 1:10 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Can I still make the 1999 contribution then, so long as I do it before April 15 (a la the other kind of IRA)? Yes, except that it's the 17th this year since the 15th is on Saturday.

for both 1999 and 2000? Should I write separate checks if so? I certainly would write separate checks with a note in the memo area spelling out which year each check is for.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement