Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Very new to taxes and even newer to IRAs. So kindly pardon the ignorance. I have already filed my taxes for 1999. Can I still make a Roth IRA contribution for 1999 as I became aware of it only now? Do I have to file a correction to the IRS, or can I just indicate the contribution in my 2000 year returns?

Please help. Thanks in advance.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.