Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
1. I will hit the AGI upper limit for joint filing and thus not qualify for the Roth IRA contribution. Can I still contribute to a non-deductible IRA?

2. Assuming only one is an earning member, is the total contribution for self and spouse towards an IRA (Roth/traditional) $4000 or $2000?

3. Can someone who incurs income from private tutoring contribute to a Roth/traditional IRA? Since there is no W2 involved, what proof is necessary in order to qualify for contribution?

thanks in advance,
- mouli
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.