No. of Recommendations: 0

I would like to start a Roth IRA for myself and my wife, but I don't know the feasability. I'm a US citizen but my wife isn't. She has a SSN (we lived in Louisiana for 6 months), but isn't a US resident either because we live in Germany.
Can we both contribute to the Roth....or can it just be done by myself?



P.S. Should I be filing joint or seperate for income taxes? My wife shouldn't be required to report her earnings....does she?
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.