UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: gemini1 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76398  
Subject: roth ira for the next year Date: 3/12/1999 2:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi--
I currnetly have a Roth IRA for 1998 with DLJ direct..at the time i opened the account I was not aware of the 35 fee...So- now I want to contribute for 1999 and would rather open with Waterhouse since there is no fee...Can I do this or do I have to stay withe same broker? ( ps...i am not transferring the 1998 acconut only because they charge a $75 termination fee)

thanks

debbie
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9098 of 76398
Subject: Re: roth ira for the next year Date: 3/12/1999 2:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Debbie asks:

<<I currnetly have a Roth IRA for 1998 with DLJ direct..at the time i opened the account I was not aware of the 35 fee...So- now I want to contribute for 1999 and would rather open with Waterhouse since there is no fee...Can I do this or do I have to stay withe same broker? ( ps...i am not transferring the 1998 acconut only because they charge a $75 termination fee)>>

Sure. You may open separate IRAs with as many providers as you wish. If you prefer to make your 1999 contribution with Waterhouse, then there's absolutely nothing to preclude you from doing so.

Regards...Pixy

Author: rjm1 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9102 of 76398
Subject: Re: roth ira for the next year Date: 3/12/1999 8:28 PM
I currnetly have a Roth IRA for 1998 with DLJ
direct..at the time i opened the account I was not
aware of the 35 fee...So- now I want to contribute
for 1999 and would rather open with Waterhouse
since there is no fee...Can I do this or do I have to
stay withe same broker? ( ps...i am not transferring
the 1998 acconut only because they charge a $75
termination fee)

Question.

Is the $35.00 charged every year?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement