UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: nittanylion100 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76418  
Subject: ROTH IRA QUESTION? Date: 12/24/2001 7:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
This issue confuses the heck out of me. The Roth IRA seems like a great idea for my wife and I. I am 33 and she is 32 and we want to start retirement accounts to supplement the pensions we are building. Right now my wife and I are making well below the allowable AGI of $160K. What happens if for example in 2015 my wife and I are making more than the allowable AGI? Can we take the earnings of the investments we made while we were under the allowable AGI tax free when we retire? Do we lose the tax free benefit for our previous investments once we go over the AGI? I foresee us going over the allowable AGI at some point in the future? Should we not even consider the ROTH IRA based on the fact that we will probably go over the AGI at some point? Please help. Thank you.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TheBadger Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32902 of 76418
Subject: Re: ROTH IRA QUESTION? Date: 12/24/2001 7:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The AGI limit is a contribution limit only. Thus, if you wait until 59 1/2, it does not matter what your AGI is then, all withdrawals come out tax free. What a deal!!!

TheBadger

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement