Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: cactusadam Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121216  
Subject: Roth IRA question Date: 1/29/2002 11:56 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Rather simple question: Am I required to note anywhere on my tax return any contributions that I have made to a Roth IRA? I'm thinking not, since what I contributed is just part of my taxable income anyway, but I want to be certain. Thanks

cactusadam
Print the post Back To Top
Author: pmarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57850 of 121216
Subject: Re: Roth IRA question Date: 1/29/2002 5:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Rather simple question: Am I required to note anywhere on my tax return any contributions that I have made to a Roth IRA?

Nope. That information is supposed to be somewhere in the instructions, but I've never been able to find it. Do remember to keep a record of your contributions in case you ever have to take an unqualified distribution.

Phil Marti
VITA Volunteer

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement