UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: san001 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75878  
Subject: Roth IRA Strategies Date: 4/30/1999 2:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0

I am considering opening a Roth IRA. With an initial deposit of 2K, would this be enough to effectively apply towards the Foolish 4 Strategy? Or should I try another strategy until I accumulate a certain amount of capital? I'm open to suggestions!

san001
Print the post Back To Top
Author: WilliamLipp Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10255 of 75878
Subject: Re: Roth IRA Strategies Date: 4/30/1999 3:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
san001 Date: 4/30/99 2:43 PM Number: 10254
With an initial deposit of 2K, would this be enough to effectively apply towards the Foolish 4 Strategy?

This is a very frequent question, so a little time with the search button or the FAQ - both towards the bottom of this page - will bring up lots of information.

Basically, you're on the edge. If you have it in a discount broker that charges $10, it will cost you 2% of your money to get in. Some of us think that's too much, and you should buy S&P Depository Receipts (see the Harry Jones Portfolio) until you put in next year's contribution, unless you have $2000 someplace else that you could treat as a logical extension of this, splitting the F4 between the accounts. (I'm in that category). Others make the point that it's only $20 we are worried about, and it's only for the first year, so go for it and get started. But we all agree that it's your money, and you get to decide.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement