UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: memarcit Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76080  
Subject: Roth IRA Trustee? Date: 3/17/2000 10:19 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi:

Just wondering, is it possible to have different years of Roth IRA contributions with different trustees?

For example, I've got my $2000 of 1999 Roth IRA contributions with Vanguard in two mutual funds. But now I want a Janus mutual fund.

I don't really want to pay Vanguard's sales charge for every investment/disbursement i make/take to/from that Janus fund.

So I'm wondering if I can do my $2000 contribution for 2000 with Janus. And maybe 2001 with an online broker?

Would appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thanks and regards,

MM
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Crosenfield Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 20177 of 76080
Subject: Re: Roth IRA Trustee? Date: 3/17/2000 10:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
If you are qualified to contribute to a Roth IRA, nothing keeps you from putting this year's contribution with a different trustee than last, and a different one next year. You will have a little more paperwork.
Janus and Vanguard are both excellent mutual fund companies, with a different philosophy, and to have accounts with both makes a lot of sense. Good Luck!
Chris

Author: memarcit Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 20198 of 76080
Subject: Re: Roth IRA Trustee? Date: 3/17/2000 4:11 PM
Hi Chris,

Yes, I knew there would be more paperwork. But I'm pretty good about keeping financial info together and organized, so that won't be too big a problem.

And really, the big motivation is to avoid paying extra $$ just to have one trustee compile all the info for you. I'd rather keep the $35 a pop Vanguard would hit me with as a sales/distribution charge for myself?

Thanks for your speedy reply!

MM

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement