Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Roth IRAs are only available to folks (single) earning under $110,000/annum. (Sorry, I don't know what the "married" max is.) Anyway, if you expect to make less than $110K and contribute to a Roth on that basis, and then you wind up making more, you have to "recharacterize" the Roth (because you're not allowed to have it). Get it?

For an example and more info, see below and other messages in same timeframe:
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.