Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: SlowRichard One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121114  
Subject: Roth trade limitations? Date: 12/9/1999 12:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Are there any limitations to the number of trades that can be made in a Roth account? Are there any limits to the returns you can earn before they are taxed?
SlowRichard
Print the post Back To Top
Author: BookmFool Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22683 of 121114
Subject: Re: Roth trade limitations? Date: 12/9/1999 12:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Are there any limitations to the number of trades that can be made in a Roth account?

As long as your account is with a broker, you can trade as much as you want, and spend as much on commissions for each trade as you want. Of course, you may not be left with much money. Fools try to keep annual expenses below 2%.

Are there any limits to the returns you can earn before they are taxed?

The sky is the limit. Remember, contributions to a Roth are pre-taxed, earnings are tax free. You might want to check out the Fool's IRA section to refresh your knowledge on a Roth. Here's the link: http://www.fool.com/money/allaboutiras/allaboutiras.htm

HTH

Rick

Author: SlowRichard One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22690 of 121114
Subject: Re: Roth trade limitations? Date: 12/9/1999 2:00 PM
Your right about keeping expenses below 2%. I have made a few trades. The volatility of some stocks, such as INTM, have allowed me to add more value to my account in one day than I would be allowed to contribute in a year. Currently my expences are just under .4% for a gain of 122%. But if I were Taxed...That would be a different story.
Anyway, Thanks. You settled a disagreement I was pretty sure I'd win.
SlowRichard

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement