Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I currently have both a Roth and regular IRA. MY income is 65,000. I have not funded either in 1999 or 2000. My current employer has no pension plan or 401k
plan. My understanding is that my only options are to contribute $2000 per year in the roth, 2000 in the sandard IRA or i could split the 2000 between the two. If I do the Standard it is tax exempt. Is this correct or am I missing something?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.