UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jghlsh Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76418  
Subject: Roth withdrawal question Date: 5/13/2000 1:11 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
At what point can one take contributions out of a Roth without penalty? Is this where the five year rule comes in, or does that only apply to situations like first-time home-buyer?

Thanks for taking the time to answer something so basic. There is so much here to learn - it's slowly coming together!

jennifer
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jbking Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 21932 of 76418
Subject: Re: Roth withdrawal question Date: 5/13/2000 1:54 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm pretty sure contributions can be taken out at anytime, and that it is when you're dealing with earnings that these issues of 5-year and some other condition be met.

Check page 44 of this publication if you want a few examples to help you out:

http://ftp.fedworld.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p590.pdf

JB

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement