Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi everyone.
I am considering buying some stock which reguarly distributes royalty income. I have read some horror stories on the Fool msg boards how this income is reported on Sch E and that some stocks are notorious for sending out "corrected" 1099's very late during the filing season and of course required that an ammended return be filed for those folks who already filed their return.
I was wondering if I can avoid all these problems by purchasing these stocks within my traditional IRA to avoid these problems? Logic tells me yes, but as Phil often says ...the IRS is NOT always logical regarding their regulations.
Will this work for me? Any advice would be appreciated.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.