Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: finsternis Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 23740  
Subject: RR: AF Half Marathon-Deployed Date: 9/16/2012 3:54 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I can tell you, no matter what else is going on, 3:00 AM is still early.

That is when I rolled out of bed to get to the marathon starting point. The race did not start until a little after 4, but that gave me some time to digest some dried fruit and get rid of some dinner. About a mile in, I caught up to our group's speed demon, who was running the full marathon. I paced with him until mile 4.5 when he took a pitstop.
He passed me a mile later when I took a stop of my own.
The 8th mile is the same loop as the 7th, but otherwise they did a good job of not being repetitive. I caught up to our fastest woman, also running the full marathon. I passed our speed demon when he took another pit stop. I made the last turn with every intention of picking it up for the last mile.

There was nothing left in the tank. I finished in 1:50:30. This was my slowest half marathon, but also my highest by about 4800 ft. Its all good.

Still in the,

Finsternis
Print the post Back To Top
Author: navy58 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23284 of 23740
Subject: Re: RR: AF Half Marathon-Deployed Date: 12/18/2012 11:12 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
nice job for at altitude!

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement