Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JavaRunner Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 23740  
Subject: RR; Mo'Cowbell Half Marathon Date: 10/8/2012 10:26 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Half marathon #2 of the year is in the books.

http://running-with-coffee.blogspot.com/2012/10/mo-cowbell-h...

I really enjoyed the race, despite the pain I developed. My training plan was ideal for a flat course. The problem is there is 2 miles of hills which shoots down the flat plan.

I am in a lot of pain today, but am taking it easy, I don't have to work, so that is good.

What I liked about the race:

Great organization
Great volunteer support
Pretty course
Cowbells

What I didn't like:

Almost no sports drink. I could never tell which table, and the volunteers handed me sports drink, but it tasted like water, and I don't mean flavored water, just water. Did they make sports drink? Was glad I had my bottle of NUUN.

Finished in 3:28:22. Happy with that. Monumental Half is a month away. I expect a faster time.

Moo on!

Charlie
Print the post Back To Top
Author: VeeEnn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23271 of 23740
Subject: Re: RR; Mo'Cowbell Half Marathon Date: 10/18/2012 7:39 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
My training plan was ideal for a flat course. The problem is there is 2 miles of hills which shoots down the flat plan.

Doncha just hate it when race organisers sneak these Bad Boys in??

I remember my first half after my planatar fasciitis eased up years ago. It was sometime in the early Spring and I'd done pretty much 99.99% of my training on a treadmill at the gym. My daughter gave me so much earache about doing some hillwork you wouldn't believe but, my neighbour had slipped on a patch of ice that Winter while out power walking and broken her wrist.......so Mommy had no intention of going that route, thank you very much indeed!

I'll wager that these "hills" we encountered were little more than false flats but they certainly gave me a spanking. Out of the mouths of babes, right?

Congratulations, Charlie......and thanks for posting your blog address. I like reading your reports and commentaries and whatnot and your blog joined DC Rainmaker's in my reshuffle of my web addresses.

Spank On!!

Vivienne

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement